Sunday, January 23, 2011

Video games feel personal

Hi everyone. I just wanna start off saying that I coulnd make it to this week lectures and I'm kind of lost this week so i really aprreciate to get some feedback for my post. For what I have red in the powerpoint lectures were centred on how the effect of Affect , i hope that makes sense.

Video games tent to feel personal because people invest on them. Gamer spent hours of their virtual lifes and money on games. Gamer don't just guy games, they spent their time interacting with them, probably online playing other people or buying extra content for characters, upgrading to the lastest version, they invest on them. As a result , video games beome personal but outsiders see this interaction as a result of a sort of addiction resulting of playing video game rather than a dynamic resulting of the engaging with the interface.

Video games are unique because they provide a different scenario of interaction for the same real life situations. During lectures we were asked if playing boxing on a Wii console ii should be conisdered a violent game. The answer , at least for me, is not. Video games are mediated and provide a context for the same real life situtation to happend in a virtual space. So the question should not be if the game is violent we should ask ourselves if boxing as sport is violent or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.